Garbage Hauler's Permit
A Garbage Hauler’s Permit is required for vehicles to haul garbage within the city of Midland and dispose at the City of Midland Landfill. A Garbage Hauler’s Permit is $500 per year for each vehicle. Vehicles without a valid permit will be charged a $25 Landfill Access Fee in addition to regular landfill charges.
To obtain a permit:
- A completed application, proof of insurance, and $500 fee must be submitted to the Director of Solid Waste.
- All vehicle(s) are subject to inspection.
- A permit decal will be issued upon approval and shall be displayed on the permitted vehicle for the access fee to be waived.
- Applications will be accepted at the Solid Waste Management Office (located at 600 N. Carver).
- Permits will be good for the calendar year beginning January 1 and ending December 31.