POD Volunteer Requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold a current and valid state drivers license or state ID card.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Participate in all training sessions.
- Comply with the volunteer standards of the affected jurisdiction.
- Notify Midland Health & Senior Services should you need to step away from volunteering.
Non-Medical Professionals / Lay Volunteers
- Residents without medical training can receive training on dispensing medication or can volunteer to assist with administrative and other essential Point Of Dispensing support functions.
- We encourage you register with a Medical Reserve Corps unit. In doing so, you will have the opportunity to receive orientation and training.
- Medical Reserve Corps members and medical professionals are encouraged to register with the Texas Disaster Volunteer Registry (TVDR), the State of Texas Emergency System for the Advanced Registration of Volunteer Healthcare Professionals (ESAR-VHP) database.
Additional Training Resources
Increase your capacity to volunteer with FEMA's Independent Study Program. These courses are not required but are strongly encouraged as they will help you make sense of how a POD is organized and how a POD will operate.