The City Council will begin making appointments to boards and commissions in September for the new fiscal year.
Boards and commissions fulfill an important role in local government by evaluating issues that affect the Midland community and making recommendations to City Council. Most boards and commissions are advisory in nature, but some are decision-making entities. The majority of terms will begin Oct. 1 and last from two to four years.
Applications are available at the City Secretary’s Office, which located in Room 330 of City Hall (300 N. Loraine) or on the City of Midland's website. Deadline for applications is 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 2.
The follow boards and commissions will have open seats:###
• Airport Planning and Development Board – 3 seats• Building Codes Review Committee – 9 seats
• City Development Advisory Committee – 2 seats• Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals – 6 seats
• Hotel/Motel Tax Advisory Board – 2 seats• Housing Authority Commission – 2 seats
• Midland Center Advisory Board – 6 seats (3 City appointments, 3 Chamber of Commerce appointments)• Midland Football-Soccer and Baseball Complex Development Corporation – 5 seats (4 City appointments, 1 MISD appointment)
• Midland Higher Education Facilities Corporation – 7 seats• Midland Housing Finance Corporation – 5 seats
• Midland-Odessa Urban Transit District Board – 3 seats• Oil and Gas Advisory Committee – 2 seats (Petroleum Engineers)
• Parks and Recreation Commission – 3 seats• Planning and Zoning Commission – 4 seats
• Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Board – 2 seats (County appointments)• Zoning Board of Adjustment and Airport Zoning Board of Adjustment – 4 seats
Media Contact: City Secretary Amy Turner