The Midland City Council will begin making appointments to Boards and Commissions in September for the new fiscal year. The majority of terms will begin October 1. Terms generally vary from two to four years. A complete list of Boards and Commissions, along with meeting schedules is attached to the application form, and can be found on the City's web site under City Leadership - Boards and Commissions. Applications are also available at the City Secretary's Office, Room 330, City Hal, 300 N. Loraine. The deadline for applications is 5:00 PM on August 31, 2018.
The following is a list of Boards/Commissions which will have open seats:
- Airport Planning and Development Board -2 seats
- Animal Services Advisory Commission -2 seats
- Building Codes Review Committee - 8 seats
- City Development Advisory Committee - 3 seats
- Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals - 5 seats, 2 alternate seats
- Hotel/Motel Tax Advisory Board - 3 seats
- Midland Higher Education Facilities Corporation -7 seats
- Midland Housing Authority Commission - 3 seats
- Midland-Odessa Urban Transit District Board - 3 seats
- Oil and Gas Advisory Committee - 2 seats (1 petroleum experience/real estate experience)
- Parks and Recreation Commission -2 seats
- Planning and Zoning Commission - 1 seats
- Zoning Board of Adjustment and Airport Zoning Board of Adjustment -2 seats, and 3 alternate seats
For questions or more information please contact the City Secretary's Office at (432) 685-7430.