Midland Animal Services does not place any animal for adoption which may create a risk of liability due to aggressive behavior or, which are likely to be treated in a cruel or inhumane manner.
- Must be 18 years of age
- The animal must complete its required holding period
- All fees (see fees) must be paid in full at time of adoption
- The animal must be vaccinated for rabies prior to leaving the shelter
- The animal must be spayed/neutered prior to leaving the shelter
- All adopted animals include a micro-chip implantation that is a permanent identification of the animal
- No refunds shall be made without written diagnosis of the animal's health from a veterinarian or proof that the animal has died or been euthanized. If the animal becomes ill within 14 days of adoption, refunds will be given after all requirements have been met.