Become A Dispatcher
- This position dispatches police, sheriff, and fire units to emergencies using a Computer Aided Dispatch System
- receives and extracts information of an emergency nature including
- caller information
- nature of emergency
- phone number
- Receives and processes complaints, assistance, and information requests from the public by either referring the party to the appropriate division or department or supplying the information
- Perform entry, update, retrieval, and documentation from various files available via the NLETS/TLETS system
- Requires the ability to operate a computer terminal/printer and telecommunications device for the deaf.
- Ability to perform all telephone communications and dispatching of police, sheriff, and fire units preferred. Must type 35 WPM
- Must have the ability to learn the geographic features and streets within the area served
- Make independent decisions involving sensitive situations
- Maintain confidentiality
- Give emergency medical procedures by way of telephone including CPR
- Work well under pressure
- Exercise good judgment
- Make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Graduation from high school or equivalent required
Salary and Benefits
- $1,945.00 per month, paid semi-monthly
- Texas Municipal Retirement system -Employee pays 7% and the City matches 2 to 1.
- Medical, Dental, and Term Life insurance.
- Cafeteria plan available.
- Voluntary deferred compensation programs.
- Ten paid holidays per year.
- Vacation/holiday pay.
- Sick leave accrues at 6.66 hours per month.
- Wellness Program
- Credit Union