The Water and Wastewater Maintenance Division maintains over 1,400 miles of water distribution and sewer collection lines. Some of this infrastructure dates from the 1920's.
The Water and Wastewater Maintenance Division oversees the following:
- Maintenance, rehabilitation and replacement of fire hydrants
- Rehabilitation and replacement of water and sewer lines and valves
- Emergency repair of water leaks and wastewater stoppages
- Operation and maintenance of wastewater lift stations
- Televising wastewater lines
- Flushing water lines to maintain water quality
- Manhole rehabilitation and construction
- GPS locating and mapping of existing and new infrastructure
This division installs water and sewer taps for new residential services and repairs/replaces existing service taps.