The Midland Police Department would like to remind citizens to drive with caution or to stay home if possible during icy weather conditions.
As of 10 a.m. Friday, City of Midland Transportation crews are transitioning from ice control to flood control due to additional rains. Low water crossings along Scharbauer and Midland Draws are currently in effect.
Current road closures in Midland:
- Scharbauer Draw low water crossings at Edwards and Barber Streets
- Midland Draw low water crossings at Carver Street, Golf Course Road, Magnolia Avenue and Dormard Avenue.
- All entrances to Loop 250 on portions west of Fairgrounds Road
- Lamesa Road and Cotton Flat Road overpasses at Interstate 20
- Big Spring Street at Front Street overpass
Roads that are now open:
- Highway 191 between FM 1788 and Loop 250
The Midland Police Department had worked 126 accidents since Tuesday at 2 p.m. as of Wednesday at approximately 10 a.m., with eight of those accidents occurring on Wednesday morning.
Motorists are encouraged to take special precautions on bridges and overpasses.###
Media Contact: Public Information Officer Sara Bustilloz